Well, it's been just about a month since I've done an update. You would think with school being out I would have alot of time on my hands, but it's just the opposite.
Jessica had her Show Choir camp concert this past Thursday. Her and her friend, Marisa, sang a duet - Far From the Home I Love from Fiddler on the Roof. They did such a nice job! The concert was about an hour and 15 minutes. There are TONS of talented kids at that school! Her band concert is this upcoming Wednesday. I'm anxious to hear them. Band is such a huge thing in this school district. I expect their Middle School bands to be as good as the HS bands in our old school district.
Christian has been enjoying playing with neighborhood friends and being lazy :-) One of our neighbors has his 2 kids here just for the summers. This is the first time our kids have met and they hit it off right away. Elizabeth just turned 11 and her and Jessica are attached at the hip. Jared is 12 and he and Christian have been hanging out quite a bit. I did hear through the grapevine that Jared is a bit smitten with Jessica. Jessica seems flattered but tries to avoid him LOL. Seems if you aren't Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner (both from Twilight) or one of the Jonas Bros, she won't give you a second glance!
Alex has 6 weeks at the beginning of summer where he stays w/ his dad, so I haven't seen much of him since school got out. He's here every Thursday and every other weekend. We've missed him, but at the same time, it's been nice not having fighting all the time between the kids. Weird how much the dynamic changes when just one kid is gone. It will be nice to have him back home though. He's at the movies right now, with his girlfriend, Sam (Samantha). She seems nice enough, but I'm not familiar w/ the family at all. Apparently, it is the daughter of someone Alex's step-mom works with or is friends with.
We're so excited - we leave for vacation in 9 days! I am SOOO looking forward to 5 days of just nothing. Well, nothing we don't want to do, anyhow. I'm sure we'll keep busy with Mount Rushmore, Wind Cave, Ellseworth Airforce Base, Storybook Island, Wal-drug and everything else there is to do. But i'm looking forward to being lazy around a campfire at nights. I researched temps in that area this time of year and it looks like it should be fairly nice - as long as it doesn't rain. The ALL TIME high for that area, ever, is only 92 degrees!
I'm a little concerned about Emma on the trip, though. I think she may have some seasonal allergies. Anytime she's outside for a long period of time, she ends up w/ a hacky cough and a major runny nose. Guess we'll see after we get back, huh?!
Well, I suppose I better go pick up Alex from his movie. I'll try to keep ya updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment