Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oops!

For those of you that have tried to leave comments, I apologize. Apparently I had it set up on the wrong. Anyone should be able to leave a comment now!

Tuesday! and Ben FINALLY has a day off, after working 17 straight days! No gym tonight either! We ran some errands this morning, had lunch and now are staying HOME! Well, except for picking kiddos up from school :-)

I had an appointment with my Nephologist this morning. Dr Birch thinks things are looking good and, pending lab results, doesn't think I will need to see him again for another 3-4 months! We'll know for sure after he gets all my blood-work in though. Hoping to see NO increases in my numbers! Except for maybe my hemoglobin.

I am down 2 lbs from my last visit with him. Not much, but it's a start. They say I need to lose 12 lbs before they will put me on the transplant list, and a total of 25 lbs before they will ever do the transplant. I'm all for losing weight, but it is SO hard. Especially when all the stuff I thought was good for me, isn't because it's too high in Potassium or Phosphates or sodium. Ugh. There are TONS of fruits and veggies out there that I CAN'T eat due to postassium. Makes it really hard to eat healthy and still eat things I like. No tomatoes, oranges, bananas, cantaloupe, peaches, lettuce (except for Iceberg), asparagus, artichokes, beans, potatoes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, spinah......and the list goes on and on and on. Well, it's not that I can't have it at all, but I can't have very much of it.

Anyone have any great recipes that are low potassium/phosphates and are good for you??
Seems like all the stuff that is high in fat, etc, are the items that are low in potassium.

This stinks!

1 comment:

  1. No recipies, but maybe a suggestion? Family bike rides? The two wheels is how I've kept my broom-ish figure.... ;)

    Miss you guys. (And girls!)

    ReplyDelete